Real Estate Law
Buying or selling a Toronto property? Trust our real estate lawyers to look after everything.
We are reliable, fast and affordable. Whether it’s your first or fifth property, buying or selling a property is a big decision, with many factors to consider.
At Isenberg & Shuman, our real estate lawyers can advise you throughout the process. With many years of experience in real estate law, we have the knowledge and expertise to simplify the process for our clients.
We are committed to ensure that you receive the highest level of personal service at fair prices. We act for a broad range of clients including first-time buyers, investors, institutional and private lenders.
Why Choose Isenberg & Shuman?
- We will provide you with a free no obligation quotation to assist you in budgeting and avoiding unnecessary surprises.
- We are approved by all of the chartered banks, trust companies and credit unions.
- We act for clients who are buying or selling homes and condominium properties across Ontario.
- We will arrange title insurance for all of your purchases.
- Unlike many of our competitors, when you choose us for your real estate transaction, you will meet with a lawyer who will review the paperwork and meet with you to sign all of the closing documents.
- We are also able to assist with mortgage and refinancing, including private mortgages.
What You Can Expect Us To Do…
Once the Seller accepts your offer and there is a firm Agreement and you have retained us to act on your behalf, we will begin the process of closing your transaction which includes:
- Reviewing the Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Obtaining necessary information from you in order to begin the process of completing your transaction
- Obtaining your instructions as to how you will take title to the property
- Conducting a full title search of the property
- Conducting off-title searches where instructed to do so
- Receiving, reviewing your lender’s mortgage instructions and preparing the necessary mortgage documentation on behalf of your lender
- Resolving any title issues with the Seller’s lawyer
- Preparing the closing documents
- Confirming with you that adequate insurance is in place for the property on closing
- Meeting with you to review all the closing documents including the Statement of Adjustments and Trust Ledger
- Advising the tax department of the municipality of the change of ownership
- Closing the transaction and arranging for you to receive the keys following closing
- Providing you with a written report following closing.
REFINANCINGS AND MORTGAGES
We are able to assist you if you are obtaining financing for a residential or commercial purpose, if you are refinancing an existing mortgage or if you are putting a new mortgage on a property you already own. We offer professional service at reasonable rates. We act for all major financial institutions, trust companies, credit unions, private lenders and borrowers.
TRANSFERS OF TITLE
Our office can assist you if you are adding someone to the title or if you wish to remove someone from the title.
Transfers of titles occur in a variety of circumstances. You may wish to add someone to the title for estate planning purposes or because you are refinancing the property. If there is a matrimonial or common law separation, you may wish to remove one spouse from the title. If one or more individuals holds title jointly with another individual who is deceased, you will need to transfer title to the surviving joint owner(s). This transfer which is called a Survivorship Application must occur prior to any resale of the property.
POWER OF ATTORNEYS
If you know that you will need a Power of Attorney for a real estate transaction but do not yet have one prepared, our office can draft the Power of Attorney, for an additional fee. Please contact us to discuss.