Estate Administration & Probate
Acting as an executor of estate can be a confusing and overwhelming process. The knowledgeable and experienced Toronto estate lawyers at Isenberg & Shuman can assist you with carrying out your executor duties and help you with all aspects of the Estate Administration process including the following:
- Providing advice to executors of their duties and functions
- Assisting with the application for probate by obtaining a Certificate of Appointment (with or without a will)
- Assisting with the distribution of assets to the beneficiaries
- Preparing an estate accounting and calculate executor compensation
- Transferring any real property into the name of the executor.
Probate in Ontario
Probate is the formal court process that legally approves the will of the deceased and recognizes it as their last will and testament and appoints the person who will act as the executor. Probate is often required by banks and financial institutions before releasing the assets to the executor.
Probate is also usually required where the estate includes real property, as the land registry will usually require probate to transfer the lands from the name of the deceased person into the name of someone else.
At Isenberg & Shuman, we can also assist you in determining whether the estate does not have to be probated which may save the estate thousands of dollars.
If you’re saddled with the task of acting as executor to an estate, don’t hesitate to seek assistance. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our estate lawyers.